Antique Pocket and Vintage Wristwatch Repairs and Full Clock Restorations
Mechanical watches contain many moving parts; Over time, mechanical watch parts are subject to wear and tear due to friction and lack of adequate lubrication. The majority of manufactures recommend that mechanical watches be serviced every five years. Regular servicing insures that the minimum amount of wear occurs over the life of the watch. A watch that is cared for and serviced regularly can easily be passed on for generations.
Repairs and Restorations:
- Movement servicing involves complete disassembly of the movement.
- All parts are inspected for wear and replaced when necessary.
- The parts are lubricated with oils specific to those parts.
- The movement is reassembled.
- All movements are timed for accuracy.
- We take care in repairing and restoring items back to their original condition.
- All jobs are taken under the condition that they will be handled carefully & correctly.
- We take pride in repairing the product how it should be done.
- Professional case polishing and watch dial refinishing is available.
- We offer complete restoration services for vintage and military watches.
- We understand what a “sympathetic original” restoration involves.
- We can recreate vintage luminous colours for dials and hands.
All watches serviced by Ferntree Gully Watch and Clock carry a 1 year limited warranty.
We repair all brands of watches.
We stock: Rolex, Omega & Cyma parts.